Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ajaynagendra
Frequent Visitor

sumx memory error without filters

• Hi,

I'm trying to evaluate the total allocation percentage for our project like

person 1  project0 20% 

Person 1 project1  70%

Person 1 project3  10%

Person 2 project0   90%

Person 2 project1  20%

We need a final output of total allocation for each person... I achieved this using the below formula. However, when we removed the filters we are getting the out of memory error...

Total = sumx('projects', [allocation%])

Is there any alternative measure that I can create instead of the sumx to avoid the memory issue when we remove the filters. 

Note: we are getting Correct value using the above function. Just need to fix the performance issue..

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. 

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided. Screenshots of the expected outcome are ok.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

ajaynagendra_0-1655217326293.png

Here is the screenshot of the report. In this we have to get the Total allocation of each person(Example: Stefanie Gran is allocated in 3 projects 140%, 10%, 10% and total is 160%.)  Like, we need to get the total of allocation % for each person. I have selected two projects in the Top Filters an if we remove that filter, visual will load and say memory error. 

Cannot help you from a screenshot. Please provide sample data in usable format.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.