Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abdalla
Helper I
Helper I

slicer not working on map visual properly

Hello,

I have 2 slicers that affect my map where i can search by 1st slicer) field level or 2ndslicer) by individual area level.

When i select any point on my 2nd slicer the map displays the other points within a certain distance which i specified.

My problem is that all the other points are sometime from another field level which is logical but once i select a certain field level nothing happens to the map my expectation is that the points that are not present in this field level will disappear and the ones that are in will remain below is a sample of my work 

The left slicer is the 1st slicer(Reservior) and the 2nd slicer is Well.

abdalla_0-1658517370695.png

As you can see the reservior is selected to be Kharaib 2 but on the map im having a display of shuaiba 1 

any advice on how i can resolve this 

Please tell me if you need any more info to understand the situation

Thank you.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abdalla ,

What im sure is that the map visual does not get the filter context on field [reservior] which comes from 1st slicer,

Please check weather [reservior] in slicer and [reservior] in the map come from the same table or cross filter direction is from slicer [reservior] to map [reservior].

vchenwuzmsft_0-1658904189051.png

If you need more help, please share you pbix file without sensitive data.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abdalla ,

What im sure is that the map visual does not get the filter context on field [reservior] which comes from 1st slicer,

Please check weather [reservior] in slicer and [reservior] in the map come from the same table or cross filter direction is from slicer [reservior] to map [reservior].

vchenwuzmsft_0-1658904189051.png

If you need more help, please share you pbix file without sensitive data.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-chenwuz-msft ,

I followed your advice in the cross filter direction and i found out that the feed is from a single direction once i set it to both the filter worked perfectly fine actually.

Thank you sir.

Regards,

Abdalla

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please show a sanitized version of your data model and show where each slicer is fed from

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.