Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

setting background color of the iframe

We are embeding a pbi report in our app using the javascript api.  The issue is the background color of the iframe / div exploreCanvas is a grey [#EAEAEA].  For seamless integration in our app i'd like to remove the background color or set it to white.  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
juan_pablo
Advocate III
Advocate III

Use the Wallpaper setting section in the Format Pane and set the wallpaper color to black or #000000 or the color you wish. That would be the color of the iframe.

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous wrote:

We are embeding a pbi report in our app using the javascript api.  The issue is the background color of the iframe / div exploreCanvas is a grey [#EAEAEA].  For seamless integration in our app i'd like to remove the background color or set it to white.  Any ideas?

@Anonymous

I used to read some blog and did some research on changing the background of an iframe. The conclusion is that, iframe is a container, you can change the container background color but not the the background color of the html page in the container, which means no for your request, you can't change the background color of the power bi page in the iframe.

There seems some Javascript tricks that can manipulate the page CSS stype in the iframe only if the page is from the same domain of the main page containing iframe. However Power BI report pages are surely not from the same domain of your web application.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was hoping this could be added the the javascript API.  I'm going to go vote for that.

This is being discussed here...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Setting-the-iframe-background-for-embedded-reports-defaul...

And it appears it will be available 'soon'.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.