Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

selection function on visual is not working properly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Calendar-Visualization-shown-wrong-detail/td-p/300649

This is a calendar I am using for a project. I am not really a developer, but I can definitely get assistance from someone. So I was wondering if it is possible to go into powerbi visuals minified json file in resources and edit the code??

https://github.com/akvelon/PowerBI-Custom-Calendar

The problem I am having is that in case of multiple "metric" entries in a specific date field, the click function returns the wrong details.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dm-p
Super User
Super User

You could probably edit the code for a short time in your page, but the visual is served from a CDN, so each time you add or amend it then it's going to reload the same code from that resource and nix out your modifications.

I see from the thread that this is a specific issue with the visual, and looks like it's logged in their repo here, but doesn't have a lot of traction.

I think that if you're considering taking matters into your own hands (or you have someone that can help), then it's a better approach to clone their repository, asses/fix the source code and then submit a pull request for them to approve. You'll have a much easier time finding the problem if you can debug locally using some of the SDK tools rather than taking a stab at editing minified code. It will also have the benefit of providing the solution for other users.

Probably not the answer you're looking for in the short-term, but will save you a lot of hair-pulling.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dm-p
Super User
Super User

You could probably edit the code for a short time in your page, but the visual is served from a CDN, so each time you add or amend it then it's going to reload the same code from that resource and nix out your modifications.

I see from the thread that this is a specific issue with the visual, and looks like it's logged in their repo here, but doesn't have a lot of traction.

I think that if you're considering taking matters into your own hands (or you have someone that can help), then it's a better approach to clone their repository, asses/fix the source code and then submit a pull request for them to approve. You'll have a much easier time finding the problem if you can debug locally using some of the SDK tools rather than taking a stab at editing minified code. It will also have the benefit of providing the solution for other users.

Probably not the answer you're looking for in the short-term, but will save you a lot of hair-pulling.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the information 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.