cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MH4568321 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

selection function on visual is not working properly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Calendar-Visualization-shown-wrong-detail/td-p/300649

This is a calendar I am using for a project. I am not really a developer, but I can definitely get assistance from someone. So I was wondering if it is possible to go into powerbi visuals minified json file in resources and edit the code??

https://github.com/akvelon/PowerBI-Custom-Calendar

The problem I am having is that in case of multiple "metric" entries in a specific date field, the click function returns the wrong details.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
dm-p Established Member
Established Member

Re: selection function on visual is not working properly.

You could probably edit the code for a short time in your page, but the visual is served from a CDN, so each time you add or amend it then it's going to reload the same code from that resource and nix out your modifications.

I see from the thread that this is a specific issue with the visual, and looks like it's logged in their repo here, but doesn't have a lot of traction.

I think that if you're considering taking matters into your own hands (or you have someone that can help), then it's a better approach to clone their repository, asses/fix the source code and then submit a pull request for them to approve. You'll have a much easier time finding the problem if you can debug locally using some of the SDK tools rather than taking a stab at editing minified code. It will also have the benefit of providing the solution for other users.

Probably not the answer you're looking for in the short-term, but will save you a lot of hair-pulling.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
dm-p Established Member
Established Member

You could probably edit the code for a short time in your page, but the visual is served from a CDN, so each time you add or amend it then it's going to reload the same code from that resource and nix out your modifications.

I see from the thread that this is a specific issue with the visual, and looks like it's logged in their repo here, but doesn't have a lot of traction.

I think that if you're considering taking matters into your own hands (or you have someone that can help), then it's a better approach to clone their repository, asses/fix the source code and then submit a pull request for them to approve. You'll have a much easier time finding the problem if you can debug locally using some of the SDK tools rather than taking a stab at editing minified code. It will also have the benefit of providing the solution for other users.

Probably not the answer you're looking for in the short-term, but will save you a lot of hair-pulling.

MH4568321 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the information Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Find out what's new in the Power BI Community!

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 378 members 4,212 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: