Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

peterbrayton
Frequent Visitor

report embed problem

We have successfully registered our 2016 Reporting Services with power BI on the server.

When we try and pin a report part to the power bi site, it asks us to log into power bi.  We click on the account name.  Then it tries to redirect to our site.  Then we get this.  Has anyone gotten this error and is there asolution to correct?

Sign In

Sorry, but were having trouble signing you in.  We received a bad request.

Additional technical information:
Correlation ID: 87fe19af-d28a-4d1e-ab3f-1c2722caf11e
Timestamp: 2016-09-02 15:00:07Z
AADSTS90093: Does not have access to consent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @peterbrayton,

Please check if you have a dashboard created in Power BI Service My Workspace. If not, please create a new dashboard. Or create a Group workspace and create a dashboard in this group to see if you can pin the SSRS visual to Power BI Dashboard.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
peterbrayton
Frequent Visitor

Hi

So the resolution for us was that Azure Active Directory (AAD) access was needed.

We enable “Integrated Apps” within AAD and then we were now getting the prompt to allow the app, and got successfully signed in.

Unfortunately now we have another problem with it saying I do not own any dashboards to pin to, even though I do and we do have power bi pro.  Working with microsoft now for that issue...

Hope this helps someone else

Regards,

Peter.

Hi @peterbrayton,

Please check if you have a dashboard created in Power BI Service My Workspace. If not, please create a new dashboard. Or create a Group workspace and create a dashboard in this group to see if you can pin the SSRS visual to Power BI Dashboard.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes,

We had to add a group then a dashboard.  Without a group, it wasnt working.  Now is working.  Thank you all for your help!  Greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Peter.

bjmorse
Regular Visitor

Also had this error message and turned out that the company firewall was blocking. Try same call on a public or home internet connection. Worked for me.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @peterbrayton,

According to your description, when you pin the report item to Power BI, it will prompt you enter Power BI credential. Once you enter the account, it will throws an error, right?

In your scenario, please use entered account to access Power BI service, verify the account is valid. Then please sign in the Power BI account in My Settings to see if it can be successful. Please refer to this article: My Settings for Power BI Integration (web portal).

In addition, as the error message doesn't contain insufficient information, please check the Reporting Services error log (default location: %programfiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\<SQL Server Instance>\Reporting Services\LogFiles) around the time that the error message thrown out. Please post the detail error log for our analysis if possible.

Reference:

Pin Reporting Services items to Power BI Dashboards

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.