cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

"Export report to image is disabled on tenant level" error for PNG format via the REST API

I'm getting the following when using the Export to File or Export to File in Group REST API endpoint when sending PNG as the format:

Export report to image is disabled on tenant level

I get a succesful response when sending PDF or PPTX as the format. The report is in a workspace assigned to dedicated capacity using a Azure Power BI Embedded A1 SKU in the West US region (same as the tenant's region).

I'm not aware of any tenant level settings for export to image and couldn't find anything in the Tenant or Capicity settings in the Admin Portal.

Anyone know if there is a setting at a tenant or dedicated capacity level that needs to be changed ... or if this is a limitation of Embedded (vs Premium, where I was able to get this to work for another org a month ago) or the region ... or if I need to specify something in the call?

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 2020 Community Highlights

May 2020 Community Highlights

It’s time for another PBI Community recap!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!