Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mattpharma

printing multipage tables

Hi, does anyone have a solution for printing a table in Power BI that is multiple pages?  I have a table that does not display all data on the screen so you have to scroll down on the screeen.  When you print to hard copy or pdf you only get 1 page.  Any work arounds/solutions would be much appreciated.  Thanks for the help.

16 REPLIES 16
askhor
Frequent Visitor

I don't think it is possible in PBI currently. What I am doing is to export the table to excel, then print from the excel. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd also like to see this resolved
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, no solutution to this yet, I assume? Would be great to have this solved!

We've ended up creating a workaround by using dynamic indexes and rankx to at least be able to print for example the first 20 rows on page 1, 21-40 on page 2, 41-60 on page 3 etc.

In our case we have user feedback so usually contains a lot of commas, so export to csv doesn't work well. 

Regards, 

Matt

That wouldn't work in all cases, if we didn't know the number of rows that would be displayed right?

I have data that can have from 10 to 100s of rows depending on the filters selected, in this case I might be showing empty pages if less data is there. Did you have any work around for this?

@harshkkumarThat's correct what you say, we have empty pages that are sometimes filled and sometimes not, depending on the amount of rows. We've not found another workaround. Our client requirement is to have a pdf report anyway, so we just manually hide the empty pages so they're not exported to the pdf, and we also therefore don't have the problem with filters.

Sorry can't be of more help!

Regards, 

Matt

Makes sense. Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

How is this still not resolved?

winni01

Hi all, I am looking for a solution to this issue as well.  I have a report that has a long table, I want it to print to multiple pages and repeat the header, suggestions?

I'm also looking for this. Quite annoying

I'm also looking for a solution to this one, although I'm exporting to ppt instead of printing, but same issue. 

winni01

STill looking for a solution to this.  Anyone?

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@mattpharma

How did you print the report? Isn't the built-in print working?

Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

its not a dashboard...its a table.  so i click file then print.  if i have a table as a dashboard does it print more than one page of the table?

2016-11-18_7-11-46.png

@mattpharma

I don't have a printer at hand, so try it out by yourself.

Hi,

I don't typically like digging up old threads but I thought that since this thread wasn't marked as resolved, I'd ask the same question as the OP.  Can you print a report that has a table that would span multiple pages?  It looks like you can only print what is visible in the report at the time of printing, excluding scrolling down.  Not sure if this is a current feature or perhaps an idea?  Sorry again for digging up an old thread, but I wasn't sure if I should duplicate this thread or not.

Many thanks,

Derek

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.