Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kulwinder
Frequent Visitor

powerbi embedded cost with 5-10 users

We want to embed report in website using powerbi embedded. I understand that we will need Pro account to create and publish report to workspace . This report is only required to be used by some 5-10 admin members. I can see that even without specifying embedding capacity , i am able to embed reports and view content using embed token in website. My question is do we need to use embedded capacity if we have only 5-10 admin members who will view this report. How many users can view report without specifying any additional embedded capacity.

Thanks

Kulwinder

4 REPLIES 4
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Kulwinder wrote:

We want to embed report in website using powerbi embedded. I understand that we will need Pro account to create and publish report to workspace . This report is only required to be used by some 5-10 admin members. I can see that even without specifying embedding capacity , i am able to embed reports and view content using embed token in website. My question is do we need to use embedded capacity if we have only 5-10 admin members who will view this report. How many users can view report without specifying any additional embedded capacity.

Thanks

Kulwinder

@Kulwinder

A Pro license can be used for limited period in embedding cases without capacity. After the period over, the request calling GenerateToken will be blocked. 

As to your case, 5-10 admin members, I think purchasing a Pro license for each user is more cost saving.

@Eric_ZhangWhat is the limited period for Pro license to work without capacity. Can we extend this limited period and work without embedded capacity . Our scenario is "app owns data". means we have non-PowerBi end users and we will be going to embed reports for those non powerbi admin users via master pro embed token in our website.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have the same question. Have read dozens of articles and posts and it's not clear to me still.

Can someone please help me in closing this?

Thanks in advance

Kulwinder

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.