Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

timker
Advocate I
Advocate I

power embedded intermittent loading issues, powerbi requests hanging, urls stuck in pending

Similar to

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Power-BI-Embed-Not-Render-All-Reports-from-Workspace/m-p/...

we have times that report loading just hangs (forever) because the conceptualschema and modelsAndExploration urls get stuck in pending.

https://wabi-australia-southeast-redirect.analysis.windows.net/explore/reports/{report-id}/conceptua...

https://wabi-australia-southeast-redirect.analysis.windows.net/explore/reports/{report-id}/modelsAnd...

Sometimes change browers seems to fix it, or coping the url (with headers) and curling works as well, 200response.

there are a few similar issue that return 401s, however we just get stuck in "pending"

Does anyone have any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
timker
Advocate I
Advocate I

I've Replicated the Issue in https://app.powerbi.com/home 

All I need to do is try and create a new report (with no data) and conceptual schema will hang in "pending"

After 2.1minutes it gives up and I get an net::ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

timker_0-1626319466061.png

opening a new incognito window does not have this problem

Copying the request as powershell request (inluding all headers/bopy), works no problem

HI @timker,

>>Does anyone else know what could be causing the slowness?

Normally, it can be related to the network status and server workload. Did this issue appear regular or at special time periods?

In addition, please also check the gateway connections and the device idle resources that you host the gateway client. (they may affect the response of refresh and data loadings operations that reduce the performance of report usage)

>>opening a new incognito window does not have this problem

Have you saved the accounts at the quick login in the menu? If the 'private mode' does not show the issue, it may cause by the saved credentials. (they may conflict at SSO verifications steps)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin Sheng,

I don't believe it is network slowness or Network overload, as I can switch browers and it works.

It is also unlikely that it is saved credentials,

because  A) I can copy the full request and it will curl just fine

b) this issue is occurs in embedded where there is no SSO

Thanks for the reply

HI @timker,

Ok, you can try to contact to power bi team with your web browser type and versions to ask them to confirm if this situation is related to any backend processing.

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Support | Microsoft Power BI
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
timker
Advocate I
Advocate I

I've added some logging to try and detect slow report loads 

I've increased our AzureSQL  DTU's so that we don't have any slow queries

the longest running query today was 13seconds

So It looks like SQL does not have anything to do with it.

Does anyone else know what could be causing the slowness?

timker
Advocate I
Advocate I

It is a Import Dataset (Not Direct or Hybrid).

Our customes say it is happening to other reports as well. (we have a few hybrid reports, for rls)

Our Power BI is Generation 1, Australia Southeast

I wouldn't know how to change the dataset location, So I'm fairly confident it's in the same location

How our Hybrid App, we the database is located "Australia East", however because the issue has happened on Non-Hybrid I suspect this isn't the issue.

"is this loading issue appear on the original reports? " 

I'm not sure I understand the question, It's happening on serveral reports. It's hard to tell how often as It's in an iframe. 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @timker,

What type of data source your report used? Did your report deploy on the region that your data source hosts? BTW, is this loading issue appear on the original reports? 

Please share some more detailed information to help us clarify your scenario:

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.