Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

qc-technology
Regular Visitor

power bi embedded - un-authorised

hi guys, 

strange happenings over the past couple of days,

our old power BI accounts which are used for embedded reports are working fine, however a relativly new account (created in august) is suddenly throwing an un-authorised error every time i attempt to access it via our website.

co-incidently... at the same time the new account was not letting me publish via the powerbi desktop, that was throwing a similar error.

so having trauled azure looking for minute changes, i did notice there appears to be a heap of new options involved and available to the new account vs the old.

anyway... i finally threw my hands in the air and registered a new account, new workspace, re-deployed the report, set up a nataive registration, logged in as an admin and granted the permissions only to find.... exactly the same problem. 

i cannot for the life of me get passed this. why is my new power bi embedded page not working, while the old ones which run on exactly the same code are working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
qc-technology
Regular Visitor

response from Microsoft support, turns out Microsoft changed something... bought the service down and resulted in a night's worth of un-nessicary frustration

Thanks for your time on call.
limitation resulted in an incompatible configuration being returned to the Power BI Service, which in turn caused failures when users attempted to access the service.  To resolve the issue, we have modified the service configuration to a compatible version and have confirmed that service is restored.

Root cause: A recent service configuration change exposed an unexpected limitation in the flighting service used by Power BI.  This limitation resulted in an incompatible configuration being returned to the Power BI Service, which in turn caused failures when users attempted to access the service.

Please reach out to us if you have further quires. We would be happy to assist you.

Considering the previous response, we are going ahead and closing the case.

You may receive an invitation from Microsoft to complete a brief web survey on the service we have provided on this ticket. Your feedback is very important to us and we use it to continually improve our service. We would appreciate if you can take the time to complete this survey.

Hope you consider the efforts made to assist you with the issue.

Thank you again for contacting Microsoft Technical support. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
qc-technology
Regular Visitor

response from Microsoft support, turns out Microsoft changed something... bought the service down and resulted in a night's worth of un-nessicary frustration

Thanks for your time on call.
limitation resulted in an incompatible configuration being returned to the Power BI Service, which in turn caused failures when users attempted to access the service.  To resolve the issue, we have modified the service configuration to a compatible version and have confirmed that service is restored.

Root cause: A recent service configuration change exposed an unexpected limitation in the flighting service used by Power BI.  This limitation resulted in an incompatible configuration being returned to the Power BI Service, which in turn caused failures when users attempted to access the service.

Please reach out to us if you have further quires. We would be happy to assist you.

Considering the previous response, we are going ahead and closing the case.

You may receive an invitation from Microsoft to complete a brief web survey on the service we have provided on this ticket. Your feedback is very important to us and we use it to continually improve our service. We would appreciate if you can take the time to complete this survey.

Hope you consider the efforts made to assist you with the issue.

Thank you again for contacting Microsoft Technical support. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.