Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

paulc
Helper I
Helper I

power bi embedded in wordpress

I want to put Power BI Embedded feature in my blogging site.

I've gone through in Azure portal and setup Workspace Collection, Workspace, and Subscription ID and Workspace ID are also created.  I have everything I need, but I have no idea how to put this in my Wordpress site.

I've looked up for a Wordpress plugin, but there isn't one for Power BI Embedded.

Is there a way I can put Power BI Embedded in Wordpress?  I'm not a developer, so your help is much appreciated.  I am thinking having a plugin for PHP inserting is an option, then just put the codes there?  Not sure what I need to do.

Thank you for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
vcastello
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @paulc

You can give this a try ....

https://wordpress.org/plugins/embed-power-bi/

Vicente

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@paulc wrote:

I want to put Power BI Embedded feature in my blogging site.

I've gone through in Azure portal and setup Workspace Collection, Workspace, and Subscription ID and Workspace ID are also created.  I have everything I need, but I have no idea how to put this in my Wordpress site.

I've looked up for a Wordpress plugin, but there isn't one for Power BI Embedded.

Is there a way I can put Power BI Embedded in Wordpress?  I'm not a developer, so your help is much appreciated.  I am thinking having a plugin for PHP inserting is an option, then just put the codes there?  Not sure what I need to do.

Thank you for your help.

I don't think it is a good idea to use Power BI Embeded in your blogging site, as Power BI Embedded is charged by session which you can simply understand it as that once someone view the embedded report in your public site, you'll be billed.

Maybe you can try "publish to web", it is free and the embedding code is very simple.

Eric, thank you for your reply.  Yes, I'm aware of Publish To Web feature and I'm using that one also.  But, I'm hoping to figure out how to Embedded more securely.  I'm not sure how to create those iFrame lines and put it into Webpress page.

@paulc wrote:

Eric, thank you for your reply.  Yes, I'm aware of Publish To Web feature and I'm using that one also.  But, I'm hoping to figure out how to Embedded more securely.  I'm not sure how to create those iFrame lines and put it into Webpress page.

In you original post, as you mentioned azure workspace collection and workspace, so I did't think you're using "Publish to web". For "Publish to web", it is very easy to embed, just try to copy below to a txt file, rename to file with a html extension and open it in your browser.

<html> 
<iframe width="800" height="600" src="https://msit.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiNDJiMWQzNDgtMjhiOC00NDQxLWFjNzAtNTI0NjFiN2Q3M2M5IiwidCI6IjcyZjk4OGJmLTg2ZjEtNDFhZi05MWFiLTJkN2NkMDExZGI0NyIsImMiOjV9" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>
</html>

You'll get the <iframe ........></iframe> tag from PowerBI.COM once you set some report "publish to web".

Capture.PNG 

By the way, what is the security concern? As you are attempt to embed the report to a public blogging site, so I think "Publish to web" shall be good. Nobody can access and modify your reports in PowerBI.com with the url link.

paulc
Helper I
Helper I

I found below iFrame code.... but doesn't work...

<div id="pbi-report"
 style="height:95vh;"
 powerbi-type="report"
 powerbi-embed-url="url here"
 powerbi-access-token="key here">

<iframe
  src="url here"
  scrolling="no"
  allowfullscreen="true"
  style="width:100%;height:100%;">
 </iframe>
</div>

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.