cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Regular Visitor

power bi api Get Tile Title returns null

Just need to confirm some behavior.

 

  1. Add a visual from a report to a dashboard.
  2. The visual has Title set to on and the Title appers in the dashboard Tile.
  3. GET https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups/{groupId}/dashboards/{dashboardId}/tiles/{tileId}After calling
    The Tile Title is null.
  4. In PowerBi online in the dashboard click on tile edit details the Title is there (click) apply.
  5. Call the Get Tile. The Title is now returned as expected.

Is this expected behavior or should the Title be returned by default without having to edit the details and click apply?

 

 

3 REPLIES 3
Regular Visitor

Details:

  • Workspace v2
  • Connection is using Service Principle
  • Underlying datasource was made from a static json file
  • Tile was pined from report
  • Tile is set to on in Report
  • No subtile is set
jrauser_0-1606929386443.png

 

 

 

jrauser_2-1606929727282.png

 

The call is made in a .Net Core 3.1 web api application

Using Nuget Package Microsoft.PowerBi.API v3.18.0

 

But I have tested with:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/dashboards/gettilesingroup

Response contains everything except Title.

 

 

{
  "@odata.context": "http://wabi-canada-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net/v1.0/myorg/groups/{groupId}/$metadata#tiles",
  "value": [
    {
      "id": "groupId",
      "embedUrl": "embeddUrl"
      "rowSpan": 0,
      "colSpan": 0,
      "reportId": "reportId",
      "datasetId": "datasetId"
    }
  ]
}

 

 

 After editing detials and clicking apply

screenshot-app.powerbi.com-2020.12.02-10_39_18.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

{
  "@odata.context": "http://wabi-canada-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net/v1.0/myorg/groups/{groupId}/$metadata#tiles",
  "value": [
    {
      "id": "groupId",
      "title": "test",
      "embedUrl": "embedUrl",
      "rowSpan": 0,
      "colSpan": 0,
      "reportId": "reportId",
      "datasetId": "datasetId"
    }
  ]
}

 

Hi @jrauser,

Did this issue only appear with specific workspaces? have you test with other type of workspace contents?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Community Support
Community Support

HI @jrauser,

I test with the same rest API based on my 'group', 'dashboard', 'tile' id and it works well. It shows the correct 'tile title' and it can be updated if I edit the 'title title' on the dashboard.

3.png

{
  "title": "Testing",
  "subTitle": "12314",
}

What type of tile are you test? The underlying data source and connection mode? Which type of workspace are you test? Please provide more detailed information to help us clarify and troubleshoot your scenario.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Wave Release 2

Check out the updates in Power BI.

Overview of Power BI 2020 release wave 2!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors