Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I

Re: pbiviz package Error

Hi @Anonymous 

supportUrl and githubUrl are optional, but should be filled out if you submit your visual to the marketplace. You aren't contingent on them for any local development work, particularly if just starting out.

• supportUrl is the URL that gets linked in the listing, e.g.:
    image.png
  • githubUrl is a place for you to provide a link to your source code, if you want share with people who are interested in exploring your visual's source further, or the custom visuals team to review code if you want to submit for certification.

Both of these can be the same value also, for example, if you host your visual's support documentation in the code repository your source code is contained in. My currently published visuals do this.

Hopefully this clears those questions up.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dm-p Hi Daniel,

Thanks so much for your help, my problem was solved successfully. 

Appreciated!!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@dm-p  @yf569  @JNahar Hello, I would like to ask you to please help me with this error, as I understand it has to do with the visualPlugin.ts, can you help me fix it. Thank you very much.

Captura.PNG

Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I

Hi @jcastro - this appears to be an issue recently introduced into babel which is one of the dependencies the SDK relies on. None of my visuals will currently build either 😞

I'll try to put together a bug report for the custom visuals team. Will come back if I can find a workaround.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, I recommend it because I have been looking for an answer for two days and not a survey. Thank you so much

Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I

Hi @jcastro296 - I've raised an issue in their repo. I've also emailed their support with details, so hopefully the visuals team can have a look at it pretty quickly. I've spent the last couple of hours trying to find a solution and can't come up with anything, unfortunately 😞

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@dm-p Thank you very much, what you do is very useful, I am pending any solution. Thank you very much you are very kind.

Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I

No probs! Thanks for flagging initially. There's a new version available now and you should be good if you're just trying to package. However, I can't get the dev server certificate to generate normally, which is a bit of a problem if you use the developer visual for debugging. Here's the issue for that one, and I have a somewhat clunky workaround for that on there.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@dm-p Thank you very much, seriously you are very kind. You know how to make the custom graphic created work with the filters that I have in power bi?

Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I

Hi @jcastro296 - I don't really work with the R-side of things in custom visuals, so I'm not sure I fully understand what you're asking, without additional context. Additionally, this is now becoming a separate discussion, and not fully relevant to this particular resolved topic.

I'm happy to see if I can help, but I would suggest creating a topic specifically for your issue, with as much detail as possible. Please read the following post for more details on how to best do this.

This will also help improve the visibility of your challenge for other users who may be more knowledgeable in the R domain than I am (not many people will typically revisit resolved threads).

Regards,

Daniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors