Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

teroman
Frequent Visitor

page.isActive doesn't update after calling setPage

Hi all,

I'm embedding a Power BI report and have a button that will set the active page. Later I query the active page, but the original page is still set as active. Note that I do fetch the pages again using getPages(), so I'd expect to get the current values.

Code sample is below, it's very simple so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong (but I might well be!)

Any help apreciated.

Colin

var pageCodeName = "..." //name from somewhere, it is valid
var report = powerbi.embed(...);

//button calls this function setThePage(){ //this sets the active page, I can see it switch correctly report.setPage(pageCodeName); //some time later, ask which page is active window.setTimeout(function(){ report.getPages().then(function(pages){ for(var i=0; i<pages.length; i++){ if(pages[i].isActive){
//this alerts the original page name, not the currently active one alert(pages[i].displayName); } } }); }, 10000); }
3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @teroman,

Could you try using setActive() which makes the current page the active page of the report to see if it works in your scenario? Smiley Happy

page.setActive();

Regards

Nope, that doens't work either, Page1 still has isActive = true. Smiley Sad

If I show the nav pane and switch pages by clicking then the isActive property doesn't change either. Seems not to work at all for me.

New code to switch pages:

report.getPages().then(function(pages){
        var reqdPage = null;
        for(var i=0; i<pages.length; i++){
            if(pages[i].name)===pageName){
                reqdPage = pages[i];
                break;
            }
        }

if(reqdPage){
            return reqdPage.setActive();
        }
    });

Hi @teroman,

In this scenario, I would suggest you create a new issue on Microsoft/PowerBI-JavaScript Issues for better assistance. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.