Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Karola
Helper I
Helper I

one pbix in one workspace but the ability to have different color scheme based on user

Hello, 

I have the following question. Is it somehow possible to have one pbix report in one workspace but based on the user that logs in they will see another color scheme or other logo. 

to explain: 

we are building a report based on customerdata and advisor companies get acces to that data. so we have a general report with lots of keyfigures. We have more than 10 organizations that want that report (with their own color scheme and logo) but we don't want 10 workspaces and change 10 reports if something needs to be fixed. 

so I was wondering if somehow we could have 1 report in 1 workspace but we can change the theme/ colorscheme / organisation logo based on a user login.. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Karola 

You need to build  a measure and add this measure into you visual to change your color dynamically. 

Measure = SWITCH(USERPRINCIPALNAME() ,"A@xxx.com","Yellow","B@xxx.com","Blue","Black")

1.png

2.png

If you want to restirct data access by user, you can try to create RLS in your data source.

For reference: Implement row-level security in an on-premises Analysis Services tabular model

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Karola
Helper I
Helper I

@lbendlin We use live connection so that would not be a problem. except, when you do it like you said you still have work when you change a design or add new pages etc. 

Hi @Karola 

You need to build  a measure and add this measure into you visual to change your color dynamically. 

Measure = SWITCH(USERPRINCIPALNAME() ,"A@xxx.com","Yellow","B@xxx.com","Blue","Black")

1.png

2.png

If you want to restirct data access by user, you can try to create RLS in your data source.

For reference: Implement row-level security in an on-premises Analysis Services tabular model

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You create one master dataset (often called the "golden"  dataset) in one workspace, and then you create independent reports in other workspaces, all with their own layout and color scheme, but all consuming the same golden dataset.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.