Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zhwu
Regular Visitor

issue with MSDN Subscription Power BI Pro benefit

I contacted MSDN support regarding this issue yesterday and they told me to contact Power BI support team instead, because they only 'specializes in account maintenance of Retail Visual Studio Subscriptions, and the procurement of software and keys for Retail Visual Studio Subscribers'    

I am posting here since I can't submit a ticket to Power BI support (not a Power BI Pro user)

I have an active MSDN Visual Studio Enterprise subscription and I can see ‘Power BI Pro’ as one of the benefits in my MSDN portal.  The problem is:  when I click on that 'Activate' link,  I will reach a page saying:

‘Sorry, The service you’re subscribing to isn’t available for one of the following reasons:
• It’s no longer offered by Microsoft.
• You’ve already tried this service. You can sign up for a trial only once.
• The beta or trial you’re requesting has expired.
• The promotion code has already been used.
For more information, contact the Microsoft partner that gave you the link to this offer.'

#1~3 is not true because Power BI Pro through MSDN is not a trial. #4 is also not true because I have not used this promotion code before. (I don't have any active Power BI Pro account right now)

Is there any Mod can help me here or give me contact information for the right Microsoft support group? (MSDN support bascially told me they can't help)

MSDN_Benefits.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
savethepennies
Regular Visitor

Did anything happen with this? I've been trying to track down the same answer for months. At least things have been consistent as I've been given the same answers. MSDN doesn't see this as an issue on their side and have no clue who to contact. They just suggested to look on powerbi.com for answers and contact info. My attempts to contact the team through the Power BI site have gone completely unanswered.

Seems like a simple question. How do I use the Power BI Pro benefit from my MSDN subscription?

Nope, I haven't heard anything from Microsoft regarding this. Looks like neither the MSDN support nor the PowerBI support wants to take ownership of this issue. I have one co-worker (we all obtained MSDN subscriptions through our company) with similar issue but it is working fine for another co-worker. Maybe this is happening because some of us tried PowerBI or Office 365 before Microsoft made PowerBI Pro as one of the free MSDN benefits?

@zhwu wrote:
Nope, I haven't heard anything from Microsoft regarding this. Looks like neither the MSDN support nor the PowerBI support wants to take ownership of this issue. I have one co-worker (we all obtained MSDN subscriptions through our company) with similar issue but it is working fine for another co-worker. Maybe this is happening because some of us tried PowerBI or Office 365 before Microsoft made PowerBI Pro as one of the free MSDN benefits?

@zhwu

We don't get any internal response yet. However I've found another thread which is similar to your case, maybe that forum is a better forum for your case. 

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@zhwu

As this community forum is more focusing on techinical questions, so we don't have the exact answer for your question. I'm consulting internally to get the best contact for your question and will post back when I get any update,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors