Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

roorka
Frequent Visitor

+/- icons property (pivotTable/rowHeaders) in json theme

I'm trying to set a default value for +/- icons property (pivotTable/rowHeaders) in my json theme file for Power BI. Unfortunately I'm not able to find the proper name for that property.

Do you know what is the right name for it? Or maybe how to find it?

Thanks a lot

Ula

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
roorka
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, there's no complete list of item names in the Microsoft documentation (probably also because it would be very hard to maintain the full list of names with so many updated properties each month). But in the meantime I was able to found that property name. It's "showExpandCollapseButtons" (bool).

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Standa
Regular Visitor

hi .. I'm looking for the same thing ....

ideally is there any "complete list" of ALL the items "names" that can be changed via JSON file ? 

I didn't find any naming for "+/- icon" in here : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-report-themes 

roorka
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, there's no complete list of item names in the Microsoft documentation (probably also because it would be very hard to maintain the full list of names with so many updated properties each month). But in the meantime I was able to found that property name. It's "showExpandCollapseButtons" (bool).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@roorka  thanks for sharing the "showExpandCollapseButtons" property; it works great. Where did you find it?

What about property names for the Icon Color and Icon Size that pertain to the "showExpandCollapseButtons" property?

Anonymous
Not applicable

expandCollapseButtonsColor

expandCollapseButtonsSize

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://github.com/deldersveld/PowerBI-ThemeTemplates can help.

BTW, the pbix file can be unzipped 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Yes. For anyone looking for the +/- property, you can see the addition that was made to the Matrix visual under the "Pull Requests" section of the GitHub.

G9
Frequent Visitor

Can anyone help me with the json theme for KPI Indicator custom visual in json?

I was trying to pass the  visual as KPIIndicator but as in json we already have KPI so it is not working.

Yes, that's right 🙂 I've checked both - templates on GitHub are very helpful but don't have all of the properties. Unzipping pbi file helped me many times, but not with the theme extraction. I created my final json theme by combining all of the pieces (documentation, templates on GitHub, extracted files) and I was also able to find the right property name that I was missing.

Thanks for your reply 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.