Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FelipeCosta
Advocate I
Advocate I

iFrame Embedded Report Keeps Asking for Login

I have script that changes the embedded PBI report link periodically in a HTML page. 

I the first access, the iFrame is a login button and then the report is displayed. The problem is that the report keeps asking for a login every 2/3 hours. I was wondering whether there is a way to increase the session time. We don't wan't to publish the report to the web due to security reason and we don't want to use the complexity of creating Tokens.

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FelipeCosta
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unfortunately there is no solution. I had to go all the way into the complexity of using Power BI Tokens.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Abax
Frequent Visitor

Hi, actualy you can add in your html code object on background, that acquire token (because endpoint has remember credentials and stay connected turn on) and than (onload + srcipt that change iframe content) to load embed link after object acquire token. 

FelipeCosta
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unfortunately there is no solution. I had to go all the way into the complexity of using Power BI Tokens.

When you say you had to "go all the way into the complexity of using Power BI Tokens." What do you mean? Could you point me to some documentation? Thanks

Reference: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/products/power-bi-embedded/

It is insanely difficult for non-developers because you need to understand Microsoft Identity's flow, OAuth tokens, Power BI Tokens and at least JavaScript.

Notice you must have Power BI Embedde License or Power BI Premium license.

vinood2000
Regular Visitor

I would like to chekc if we have any solution to this sign-in prompt while embeding power bi report using iframe.

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FelipeCosta ,

The Embed option doesn't automatically permit users to view the report. View permissions are set in the Power BI service. If a user opens a report URL directly, or one embedded in a web portal, report access requires authentication.  A new browser window or tab could open, it will ask for you sign-in. The user will need to sign-in to view the report each time they open a new browser window. Also, the user needs to be correctly licensed – either they need a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license, or the report must be in a workspace that is in a Power BI Premium capacity. You can review the following official documentation for more details.

Embed a report in a secure portal or website

If you want achieve a single sign-on experience, use the Embed in SharePoint Online option, or build a custom integration using the user owns data embedding method.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, thanks for the answer. What I'm saying is that when the user sign-in initally to a given embedded report, it works fine, but after about 1 hour, the very same login embedded frame shows, so the user has to manually log in again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue. I have embedded my reports to a web application. After 1-2 hours in the middle of a session, it just logs me out and shows the Sign In button. 

I Have the same problem. When using the embed link i need to sign in again after 1-2 hours. 

We have a dashboad on screens in our office, but it is far from convenient that we need to login all the time.

Does anybody know how to avoid this?

Same problem here. We even get the login screen after 30 min. I would be really happy with 2-3 hours...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.