Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

how to get facebook business manager data into power bi desktop

Hi 

I have an account in facebook business manager, there we have list of webistes data (related facebook).

URL: https://business.facebook.com/

When I am using Power BI Desktop to get the data by using 'Facebook' option it is taking me to personal Id facebook.

But its not taking me to facebook business manager.

Please guide me how to get the facebook business manager data into power bi.

Thanks,

Nagarjun K

65 REPLIES 65

Hello,

I did create an app and activated the account id in the settings section.

However, I am getting an error while connecting the URL with Facebook

Capture.PNG

How do I resolve this

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ApurvaKhatri and @MarianneElver,

I mentiond this earlier in the thread, but when I first posted these instructions, Facebook was at API v.8. Try changing that URL portion to v.10

I already tried the same. However, cannot resolve this

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that a Facebook account id you're trying to connect to? If so, the Facebook API says it needs to be formatted as "act_123456789", not just the number. Otherwise, you can use a campaignid or adsetid (I used an adsetid in my example)

So, the URL would start out like: https://graph.facebook.com/v2.10/act_123456789/insights?access_token=abc123def456ghi789 etc.

Thankyou.. That worked..!!! 🙂  But I am still getting data till February 2017.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The results from the Facebook API default to 25. Try adding a parameter to the URL of:

&limit=100000

(Put that before the &fields= parameter)

It may take a bit longer to pull, but hopefully that'll give you all your data. If not, try increasing the limit.

Lmk.

Thanks alot..!!! That works.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome. You're welcome.

I've followed the same instructions and get this error as well.

There is no app in my organization facebook developer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, you'll have to create one. Here's some info on that: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/register/

Thank you.. I will try and get back.

Hi @Anonymous, I'm trying to connect using your steps and it's not really working, do you know if they have changed anything since you posted it? Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @marianamarques,

The method still works. You may need to change the API version. My last post was using 2.8, but they're now on 2.10. So that version number would need to be used in the URL.

Here's another resource to help generate a new temporary access_token: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer/145634995501895/

Could you provide details on how you generated the access token for reading ads insights?

Could you provide details on how did you generate the access token for reading ad insights?

Hi There - is this all pending you have a facebook graph API app built in a particular setting? 

Thank you so much, this was simple and easy! Smiley Very Happy

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@kunkumuriarjun

Based on my research, the "online services->Facebook" in Power BI desktop can not get data from facebook business manager. However Fackbook has provided the Business Manager API and I think your can call the specific APIs in Power Query, check a similar demo Get Data from Twitter API with Power Query.

The most effort that you will spend is on FaceBook Business Manager API side, you may have to research and dig into it. Meanwhile you can submit your request on Power BI Ideas and vote it up.

Thanks.......... I am able to get the data but in facebook business manager they are total number of likes and they are showing data in day wise chart.

But when I am trying get the facebook data, it just showing total number of likes. 

How to get the data in daywise (detail data).

Thanks,

Nagarjun K

@kunkumuriarjun

@kunkumuriarjun wrote:

Thanks.......... I am able to get the data but in facebook business manager they are total number of likes and they are showing data in day wise chart.

But when I am trying get the facebook data, it just showing total number of likes. 

How to get the data in daywise (detail data).

Thanks,

Nagarjun K

I think there'll be some effort that you have to put on researching the Facebook APIs, if they support a way to get data in daywise rather than total.

By the way, could your share how you get data from the facebook bussiness manager?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.