cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ericleigh007 Helper II
Helper II

group REST call doesn't show all groups

I'm doing the following REST call as a GET.   

var requestURL = $"https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups";

HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
            client.DefaultRequestHeaders.Authorization = new AuthenticationHeaderValue("Bearer", _authHeader);

HttpResponseMessage result = await client.GetAsync(requestURL);

This succeeds, but only 2 groups are being returned.  There are at least 3 groups to be returned.

The account i'm using is a service account that is a member in all the groups I'm attempting to list.  The app has Groups.Read.All permission.

I messed around with the group members, and found out that even groups I'm not a member of can be listed, but some groups I am a member of are not.

I'm stuck.  

I'd like this app to be able to see all our groups, so that I can get the groups by name, and look up the GUIDs which will enable me to list names in a control file, and not GUIDs.

-thanks

-e

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Top Solution Authors