Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

toy
Advocate I
Advocate I

for GenerateTokenRequest: what is the difference between create and edit accessLevels?

hey all

when embedding pbi - 

we need to use 

GenerateTokenRequest

there are 3 accesslevels

view

edit

create

view is pretty self explanatory

but edit and create seem very similar to me

can someone tell me what the difference is in terms of functionality?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @toy,

The View mode will start with a report while the Create mode will start with a empty canvas. In other words, the Edit mode open a report while the Create mode open a dataset. You can check it out in this demo code.

for_Generate_Token_Request_what_is_the_difference_between_create_and_edit_access_Levels

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @toy,

The View mode will start with a report while the Create mode will start with a empty canvas. In other words, the Edit mode open a report while the Create mode open a dataset. You can check it out in this demo code.

for_Generate_Token_Request_what_is_the_difference_between_create_and_edit_access_Levels

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

great thorough answer howevever for some reason im getting an err msg when i click the solution button

Thanks for your feedback, @toy.

Best Regards,

Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.