Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

psdhillon1
Helper I
Helper I

embedded Report edit/view access by users

Hi

We have been able to create embedded reports with view & edit access using service principal for our customers. Now I want to know if I can make some setting where only a few people will have edit access on the embedded report & the rest of the users will only have view access. I am not able to find any documentation on the same. 
Please confirm if anyone has done the same or came across any resource to implement the user level access on embedded reports created using service principal. 

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Does it make sense to group users and add different groups to permission management?

V-lianl-msft_0-1617848289324.png

Here we can add security groups

Here we are using service principal approach which does not require powerBI credential access. the users credentials will be verified from the app itself not from powerBI. Dont know how the security groups can be created in this scenario. If it is master user approach where powerBI pro users are using embedded solution, this will work. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.