Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

powerbiuser55
Regular Visitor

embed report only works first time

Embedding report works but only first time. When a different report is attempted to be embedded after changing the config object appropriately, nothing happens. The first report just stays.

I attempted to clean out the innerHTML of the div container and then retest. That did not work either. This time I got an empty page.

Note that there is no problem in embedding a different report, if I were to reload the page.

Same issue is also seen with dashboards.

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @powerbiuser55,

Can you share some details, please? 

1. What's the embed mode? App Owns Data or User Owns Data.

2. What does the config file look like?

3. If you embed a different report in the same page, we have to reload the page, don't we?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your response.

Please find details below.

1) Mode (Embed/Aad) doesn't matter.

2) Similar to the example. There is no problem in either mode as long as it is the first time (page load). Therefore, config should be ok.

3) That was my question. Is there a way other than reload? For report refresh, the js sdk provides a refresh method. Similar to that, is there a refresh method for the embed api itself?

Does anyone have an update to the above? Please share.

Hi @powerbiuser55,

Do you mean reloading the new report without refreshing the browser? If so, please refer to wiki/Create-Report-in-Embed-View#load-the-new-report.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for sharing the link. But, that doesn't work. I have the embed tokesn for all the reports involved. Switching to a different report with its dependent attributes (token, url etc..) and calling embed does nothing.

Is this a powerbi js sdk limiation?

I wish th powerbi js playground showed an example of this scenario.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.