Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hs
Employee
Employee

dynamic visualizations

Hello,

Can i know if power BI supports the following

• ability to automatically change visualizations/flags on dashboards/reports when we have data issues? (ie say an icon resource type/link is read from data (ex SQL table)  and the table stores the data state)
  • tooltips on tiles (with custom text) so we can call out data issues?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
mike_honey
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

For the first point: Power BI can read data from a SQL table and present it. OOB you could use the KPI visual and set up the Target goals so the text changes to red when "data issues" exceed a tolerable count.  There are alternative visuals that might suit in the Custom Visuals Gallery e.g. Synoptic Panel, Table Heatmap.

For the 2nd point: This level of control of tooltips isnt available AFAIK. I would add a Table or Long Text (Custom Visual) and shrink the height to a single line, perhaps at the bottom of the page.  The data table fed in would be rows of data issues, with a default single row showing "No current data issues".  If there were "data issues", I would set up the dataset so the first row shows something like "NNN data issues detected - click Focus mode to review".  When the user clicks "Focus mode" on that vis it will zoom up to full screen and show all the rows of data fed in, with a scroll bar if necessary.  This is probably more practical functionality than a tooltip.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.