Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RashmitaR
Helper IV
Helper IV

difference between Power BI pro trial version and Power BI Pro License verison

Hi could someone please let me know the difference between Power BI pro trial version and Power BI Pro Licence verison as uptill now I was using a trial version and now have bought a license for one month.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee
6 REPLIES 6
BlessyJeyantha
Regular Visitor

Yes in office 365 Portal , it will display as Power BI free only.

One difference i have seen  , They can be added to groups but they don't get to see reports shared to group ID's .

You would be able to share dashboards to the Pro trial users by adding individual id's for access  ..

If they are part of group , they wnt be able to see the reports.

sivabasa
Regular Visitor

Looking answers for the same question. What are the limitations between powerbi pro trail license and the actual license. Because under pro trail license, the user will still appear under free license in office 365. 

One difference i have seen  , They can be added to groups but they don't get to see reports shared to group ID's .

You would be able to share dashboards to the Pro trial users by adding individual id's for access  ..

If they are part of group , they wnt be able to see the reports.

If they are part of group , they wnt be able to see the reports.But Power BI Pro will be able to see .

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

Here This link has displayed the difference between Power BI Free version and Power BI Pro.Could someone explain the difference between Power BI pro trial version and Power BI Pro ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors