Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mikihiir
Helper III
Helper III

dataPoints

Question ...

i can't find changed datapoint color under dataview ... after i change datacolors in power bi.

There is nothing under metadata.. any ideas ?

data1.PNG

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
itayrom
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello.

When you specify a selector in a VisualObjectInstance object, Power BI attaches an "objects" array to the data-point's parent in the dataview, that contains the new data, rather than to the metadata object.

For example, if you're using a categorical DataView and you change the color of the second item in the first column, then categorical.categories[0] will now have an "objects" array. That "objects" array will hold an object corresponding to the VisualObjectInstance at the same index as that of the data-point in the "identity" and "values" arrays. In this example, it's categorical.categories[0].objects[1].

Note that despite the fact that the "objects" array's length property is the same as that of the "identity" and "values" arrays, it contains items only for data-points that had their properties changed.

Thanks for Info.

What about when i am using table and not categorical view ?

Hi. Sorry for the delayed response.

Unfortunately, it seems like this feature is not yet supported for table dataviews. Best advice I can give you is to switch to categorical dataview. It shouldn't be too much of a trouble.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.