Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

billzhang1123
Helper II
Helper II

custom visuals can not be displayed to other members via organizational content pack

I added a custom visual to my report and uploaded to my organizationl content pack which is set to the entire organization access.

I can view the custom visual after accept Enable Custom Visuals warning.

Another member get my report via my content pack. He didn't get any warning. The report simply displayed error in the custom visual frame. is it a bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pedramr
Employee
Employee

Yes, support for custom visuals in content packs is being worked on. Should be there by the end of the year. 

Cheers,

Pedram

Architect @ Microsoft

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
pedramr
Employee
Employee

Yes, support for custom visuals in content packs is being worked on. Should be there by the end of the year. 

Cheers,

Pedram

Architect @ Microsoft

When will it be fixed finally? Having custom visuals working in only certain circumstances looks like a bug for me.

Checking in:  This bug still isn't fixed, any ETA available?

When is this going to be resolved?? this is extremely frustrating! publishing to a dashboard is not the answer either.. i have a project status report that renders project data (we have 400 projects in our portfolio) we need the report filtering option..using filters as a webpart takes up too much realestate on a dashboard!

Hi pedramr, do you have any update on this issue. The custom visual in content pack report is still not able to be seen by other member. Thank you.

dont use content pack - create a group workspace in power BI and publish the report to that group - custom visuals display!

Hi pedramr, is they is any update to display Custom Visuals to other members via organizational content pack, we are about to purchase the power bi licences, if this feature is not supported it becomes problem for us to use power bi because in each report we are using Timeline Custom visual, please help us

thanks you,

sravan kumar.

The same problem with custom visual is when i want to PIN it up on my new dashboard - there's no "pin" icon 😞

As custom visuals are not yet supported in content packs - is there any alternative way for me to share a report (which includes custom visuals) with a colleague?

ok so iv had this issue for the past week - iv now just solved it . go to power BI and create a custom group workspace. From power Bi desktoop publish your reports to that workspace. in your group workspace you can add specific users or entire org - i find this better than content pack (esp for those users who dont need a dataset).anyhow custom visuals do display and you get the same level of report functionality

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know.  But I find that the Content Packs are much easier for my users(Non-IT peeps) to navigate around power bi.   Hopefully they can add this functionality to Content Packs

Yes! Instead of using a content pack, go to the dashboard and click the share button on the top right. Set permissions and send to the email you want to share with. That worked for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.