Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sharmi_28
Frequent Visitor

create dashboard, which show the last refresh date of all reports.

I want to create dashboard, which show the last refresh date of all reports.
If the report last refresh date is today's date then the background color will be green else the backgroud color will be red.
Please advice. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Sharmi_28 ,

I'm afraid that it can't be achieved by pining a card visual to dashboard with dynamic background color. There are some following limitations when pin the visual to the dashboard, it include that the background settings are ignored in the pinned tile... It means that the background color of card visual will not be display when pin it to the dashboard.

yingyinr_0-1674032583747.png

You can consider Pin an entire report page , but the precondition is that you can include all of these card visuals from different reports into one report... 

Datasets - Get Refresh History In Group

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sharmi_28 ,

If I understand correctly, you would like to display the dynamic background color of report. When the last refersh data is equal to today's date, then the background color is green. Otherwise, red. Base on my research, we can't change the report background color dynamically base on different conditions.

yingyinr_0-1674027064292.png

Anyway, there is one workaround. You can follow the steps below to achieve the similar requirement.

1. Create a report template: you can refer the following official documentation to get it

Create and use report templates in Power BI Desktop

yingyinr_0-1674028440939.png

2. Base on the previous report template to create the reports

1) Add the last refresh date: You can refer this link to get ityingyinr_1-1674027279033.png  2) Create a card visual and fulfill the page and put the field [Last Refresh Date] onto the card visual

3) Create a measure as below

Measure = 
IF (
    DATEVALUE ( MAX ( 'Last Refreshed Date'[Last Refresh Date] ) ) = TODAY (),
    "green",
    "red"
)​

yingyinr_2-1674027516479.png  4) Set the background color of visual as below screenshotyingyinr_3-1674027717950.png  5) Duplicate this page to multiple pages which you will want to create, then create any visual in these pages

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, 
Appretiate for your reply. 
I have created one dashboard and have multiple reports.
In dashboard I want to pinned last refresh date of all other reports. 
In that reports I displayed last refresh date on every reports in card visual and wrote measure which return color base on today's date condition. It is working correct in report level but when I pinned that card in dashboard the colour which return from measure will not reflect on dashboard.
I hope you understad what I trying to say. 
For example 

Sharmi_28_0-1674030102953.png

Hi @Sharmi_28 ,

I'm afraid that it can't be achieved by pining a card visual to dashboard with dynamic background color. There are some following limitations when pin the visual to the dashboard, it include that the background settings are ignored in the pinned tile... It means that the background color of card visual will not be display when pin it to the dashboard.

yingyinr_0-1674032583747.png

You can consider Pin an entire report page , but the precondition is that you can include all of these card visuals from different reports into one report... 

Datasets - Get Refresh History In Group

Best Regards

Thank you. "You can consider pin an entire report page" worked for me

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.