Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

giuliapiazza94
Helper IV
Helper IV

copy measure ALM Toolkit

Hi guys,

I need to copy a lot of measures from a report to another. How can i do it?

I've tried by ALM Toolkit but I don't know to do it. 

Have you an idea?

Thank you 😊

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
giuliapiazza94
Helper IV
Helper IV

You will need an external tool Tabular Editor for this. If you already don’t have it, then please install it first.

You can visit the Tabular Editor website to download the latest installer.

You will then have 2 running instances of Power BI Desktop on your PC as you need to open both the pbix files at the same time. Make sure you are clear which file is which. Just rename your files for better understanding.

Here I have 2 files one is Employee_details with Measures and another is  ‘Employee_details without Measures’.

Launch Tabular Editor for both PBIX files

Go to each file, one at a time, and launch Tabular Editor. Do it carefully, one at a time, ensuring you understand which model belongs to which PBIX file.

Copy the Measures

If you can’t see measures in the source file, make sure they are not hidden.
In Tabular Editor, from the View menu, select Measures. We can see that the measures are visible in the ‘Employee_details with Measures’ file shown in the image below(left side).

In our case, all the measures exist in the _Measure Table.

Below are the steps to copy measures from one file to another:

• Select all measures from the list you want to copy.
  • Copy the measures. Press Ctrl+C.
  • Switch to the second instance of Tabular editor(one that’s not having measures)
  • Select the destination table to store the measures.
  • Paste the measures. Press Ctrl+V.

Click save on Tabular Editor in the destination workbook.

After saving the destination model, you will be able to see all the measures in the destination file.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
giuliapiazza94
Helper IV
Helper IV

You will need an external tool Tabular Editor for this. If you already don’t have it, then please install it first.

You can visit the Tabular Editor website to download the latest installer.

You will then have 2 running instances of Power BI Desktop on your PC as you need to open both the pbix files at the same time. Make sure you are clear which file is which. Just rename your files for better understanding.

Here I have 2 files one is Employee_details with Measures and another is  ‘Employee_details without Measures’.

Launch Tabular Editor for both PBIX files

Go to each file, one at a time, and launch Tabular Editor. Do it carefully, one at a time, ensuring you understand which model belongs to which PBIX file.

Copy the Measures

If you can’t see measures in the source file, make sure they are not hidden.
In Tabular Editor, from the View menu, select Measures. We can see that the measures are visible in the ‘Employee_details with Measures’ file shown in the image below(left side).

In our case, all the measures exist in the _Measure Table.

Below are the steps to copy measures from one file to another:

• Select all measures from the list you want to copy.
  • Copy the measures. Press Ctrl+C.
  • Switch to the second instance of Tabular editor(one that’s not having measures)
  • Select the destination table to store the measures.
  • Paste the measures. Press Ctrl+V.

Click save on Tabular Editor in the destination workbook.

After saving the destination model, you will be able to see all the measures in the destination file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.