Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

WillemM
Frequent Visitor

change fillcolor basicShape json theme file

Currently working PBI-Desktop version may-2021.

Try to change the fillcolor for the basicshape via json-themefile.....

using keyword "fillColor" or "color" seems not to be right. 

the "show" keyword true/false works just fine but i would like to set the color and transparency.

Can anyone tell me what the right keyword is for changing the fillcolor of the basicShape ?

Thx for helping,

Wil

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @WillemM,

Have you checked the official document about power bi themes? It listed all the properties: (notice: some of the properties can be confited but they not really enabeld to settings since power bi did not release them to GA for theme usage)

Use report themes in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

I looked there and "fill" should work.... but....

Do you mean to say i can't change the fillcolor as this property is not released for use by PBI-users ?

Regards,

Wil

HI @WillemM,

Power bi team lists all the properties of the document that visuals may be used. Some community users mention these scenarios when they try to designed or configure visuals with specified properties.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

Thx for your reply, which I really try to understand....

My interpretation of the list in the document is that all these properties should be usable/working for the default Powerbi visuals. This seems not to be true...

All I am asking is if this is an error for the basicshape visual(if so, please correct the error) or is it just not possible to change the setting for the fill-color of the basic-shape ?

Please ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors