cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abinashphuel Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: can't connect visual server - running local host and have installed correct certificates

Ufff I found the solution, have the same problem as yours tries many different ways install and create certificate. 

One mistake I was doing earlier was not installing my certificate in proper location and the proper location was Trusted Root Certification Authorities. I always did first option.. uuuh

install-ssl-certificate-windows3.png

View solution in original post

Moderator v-viig

Re: can't connect visual server - running local host and have installed correct certificates

Steps of creating and installing of a certificate are covered in the documentation (Create certificate, Install Certificate).

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

nagendramishr Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tried several things and it worked last time... this time again, it worked right after doing this..  So install the cert as trusted root and then do this to make Chrome trust localhost.

Moderator v-viig

Happy to hear that issue is resolved.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Highlighted
Karl_H Visitor
Visitor

I've tried that, but when I get to the end, I get an Error.

"The import failed because the store was read-only, the store was full, or the store did not open correctly"

What to do from here? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors