Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rkqpbiviz
Regular Visitor

can't connect visual server - running local host and have installed correct certificates

Hello, 

First time posting, please forgive me if I've missed a similar thread elsewhere on the forum. I've installed the pbiviz tools, installed the certificates and am running the localhost before trying to open the dev visual on power bi  (please see attached screen grabs) I've followed all the steps to the letter including uninstalling and reinstalling all tools, certificates, etc. etc. What am I doing wrong?? Has anyone any advice?

pbiviz_problem1.PNGpbiviz_problem2.PNG

I've removed and reinstalled the certificates from the browser and user, restarted the computer about 5 times now, please if you've any idea what's wrong let me know!

thank you,

Rose

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
abinashphuel
Advocate I
Advocate I

Ufff I found the solution, have the same problem as yours tries many different ways install and create certificate. 

One mistake I was doing earlier was not installing my certificate in proper location and the proper location was Trusted Root Certification Authorities. I always did first option.. uuuh

install-ssl-certificate-windows3.png

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Yes, I have disabled the Windows Firewall - for both public and private profile.  Same result.'

I also checked port 8080 with pbiviz start running: '

C:\Users\gensminger>netstat -ano | findstr 8080
TCP 0.0.0.0:8080 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 1744
TCP [::]:8080 [::]:0 LISTENING 1744

And then stopped the pbiviz server and no longer showed 8080 LISTENING.

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Please try to do these steps below. I suppose that they might resolve the issue.

1. pbiviz start
  2. Open https://localhost:8080/assets/status in Google Chrome
  3. Open the Advanced
  4. Click the Proceed to localhost (unsafe)
  5. Back to the report with your debug visual
  6. Reload visual code

Please let us know if it resolves the issue.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

I have the same problem - cannot get it to run in any browser - Chrome, Edge, or IE.

https://localhost:8080/assets/status:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

localhost sent an invalid response.

• Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Hi Nikita,

Thank you for following up. Your solution worked for me.

Peter

Do you have a proxy in your Network?

@Mcburn I do have a proxy, and have same issue although I made sure following the proper steps. Would you have an idea on how proxy should be configured? Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors