Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Red217
Helper III
Helper III

best way to input data to PowerBI

Hello, 

from your experience, what is the best way to get the user to "input data" within the PowerBI enviroment?

is it via "Custom forms" of PowerAutomate and then integrated to a PowerBI report? 

is it just simpler to use a Sharepoint custom form ? 

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Red217 ,

Thank you! I do not have an answer for you, but you might repost this in Desktop, and slightly change the question to which one is better?

Good luck!

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @Red217 ,

You might use Enter Data, which is in Power Bi and Power Query.  This allows you to enter rows and columns by hand, or you can paste the data into this table.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Thanks but i mean more as a platform to enter different data ( at least 100 input fields ), the manual enter data is not relevant in this scenario but thanks for trying to help

I think the best way is to make a Power App and embed this into a Power BI report / dashboard. Power Apps can have numeric slider input, text input, boolean and a lot lot more.

If you then embed this in your report ( Power Apps chart ) the end users can give input. If you then in Power Apps make a Power Automate you can store the input with a button in SQL database, excelsheet, csv files or What you feel is best.

Then this can be the source of your report so the input from end users can impact the model.

br

Marius

Thank you, 

i have played with it yesterday, the entire powerapp > Writeback > refresh dataset approach , looks exactly like what i need

Hi @Red217 ,

Thank you! I do not have an answer for you, but you might repost this in Desktop, and slightly change the question to which one is better?

Good luck!

Nathaniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.