Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

D5omino
Regular Visitor

azure table storage Data size limit

hello all!

ive written a little console app that hits a sql DB exposed through a rest api . i then grab each record of each table and create a record in a single Azure Table Storage Table with records from table “A” being created with partition key of “A” and records from table “B” being created with parition key “B” and so on.. so all my sql tables are represented by partition keys matching the name of the sql table. Great! now for consuming this table in power bi my idea is that i would create a calculated table from the single azure storage table for each parition key. So in essence i would have a replica (of sorts) of my sql database in powerbi missing relationships of course which would need to be manually created but thats another post 🙂 . could i get some guidance on how to go about this ? Is this possible? would i have to manually create each calculated table (almost 600 tables!) or is there a dax/m query that i could write to say something like “ for each patition key create a calculated table with the rows that match the same partition key”

i hope this question makes sense and look forward to hearing your feedback!

joey
1 REPLY 1
D5omino
Regular Visitor

sorry about the title im not sure how that happened. should have read “ azure table storage calculated table for each partition key”

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors