Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

azure embed vs power BI embedded

what is the difference between power BI embedded and Azure embedded?

6 REPLIES 6
laurenta
Frequent Visitor

In order to use Power BI Embedded, you need to purchase a "Power BI Embedded" resource in Azure or Power BI Premium capacity in Office.

More details here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi-embedded/

Was that the intention of your question?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How is it different from azure embed? I don't see any documentation for azure embed.
is a power BI pro account needed for both cases?

** Removed as the original anwser popped up again Smiley Frustrated **

-JP

Anonymous
Not applicable

If i have a azure subscription,can I use it for a power BI pro license?

If you mean the Power BI Pro license which is included in the MSDN Subscriptions, yes you can use that one.

Just to be complete: in Azure you only assign and start/stop Premium capacity and after creation that capacity is available within the Power BI tennant that shares the same Azure Active Directory.

And to upload and share reports/dashboards you need a Power BI Pro license assigned to at least one user. And also the user that is requesting the reports via the embedded API needs a license, but that can be the same user.

-JP

jppp
MVP

Technical none. Basically there are two main differences: paying and license.

Take a look at John White's compare blogpost for an overview of the differences: https://whitepages.unlimitedviz.com/2017/09/understanding-the-power-bi-capacity-based-skus/

-JP

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.