Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

samverma78

analyze drop down on calculated measures

Hi there,

With the latest release, a new analyze option is added which can provide insights (explain the increase or decrease) by running some machine learning on data, which I think is really cool. I am able to see and use this option on calculated columns plotted over time however I do not get this option for calculated measure (as simple as %) plotted over time. Is there a recommended way to create calculated measure in order get this option? What can I do to enable this option on calculated measures?

appreciate any feedback/suggestion!

Thanks,

Sam

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @samverma78,

How did you create the report? It seems good.

analyze_drop_down_on_calculated_measures

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
samverma78

Hi there,

With the new release, there is a new feature added in Power BI, which allows to "Analyze" data -> Explain the increase/decrease  which I understand performs some automatic machine learning and provides insights looking at all the dimensions available within the data. I think this feature is really cool and saves lot of time. I get this option and can use it when I have calculated columns plotted over time. However I do not get this option when using calculated measures (as simple as %) plotted over time. Is there a way to get this option enabled for calculated measure? What else can I do to run such analysis using Power BI?

Appreciate any suggestions!

Regards,

Sam

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.