Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mai_Nashaat
Helper II
Helper II

Wrong Data exported from matrix visual

Hi guys,

I've a matrix visual that represents data of orders and shipments for customers and products, when I export data from it I got a csv file , when I open it as excel and sum the data in it I don't get the same value as represented in the matrix visual, why?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Mai_Nashaat 

Now you are trying to export data from visualization, and you said that you will get wrong sum result with summarize data in Power BI Desktop.

In Power BI Service you followed the steps as SubinPius mentioned in his reply to export underlying data from visualization and it worked. 

I think your issue can be resolved by exporting underlying data from your Matrix. 

In Power BI Desktop, you'll only have the option to export summarized data as a .csv file.

So if you want to export underlying data from your visualization, you can do it in Power BI Service.

For reference: Export the data

1.png

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using any aggregations in the matrix?

If yes,when you export, you have 2 options to choose, summarized data and underlying data.

You have to select underlying data to see all the records. When you sum up, you will see correct results.

in the visual I'm just using measures, and I don't have options when exporting data just this snapshot

export data.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Once you click the export you will see as below

SubinPius_0-1625993324015.png

If you have used measures, underlying data will be enabled. You can selelct this option to see all the underlying records.

If you are exporting the data from power bi service,make sure below setting is enabled for the report. You get this option on the settings of the report

SubinPius_1-1625993485134.png

yes I  make it in power bi service but now how can I fix this in power bi desktop

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you facing this issue when exporting from power bi service?

first I found the issue in desktop but when I tried te steps mentioned in service and exported the data it was ok but I still didn't solve the issue in the desktop

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check for any duplicate records in the table.

You can also try creating a pivot in the excel and see if its matching with the matrix.

Please mark it as a solution if it serves your purpose.

I've no duplicate records and also nt the same values after pivoting them

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try exporting the data partially and see if it matches. Filter by month or any other parameters and see of teh data matches.

The same issue ... really it's weired 

Anonymous
Not applicable

If possible please send the file after removing confidential information.

Hi @Mai_Nashaat 

Now you are trying to export data from visualization, and you said that you will get wrong sum result with summarize data in Power BI Desktop.

In Power BI Service you followed the steps as SubinPius mentioned in his reply to export underlying data from visualization and it worked. 

I think your issue can be resolved by exporting underlying data from your Matrix. 

In Power BI Desktop, you'll only have the option to export summarized data as a .csv file.

So if you want to export underlying data from your visualization, you can do it in Power BI Service.

For reference: Export the data

1.png

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.