cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
analyticsnow Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

WorkspaceId must be a Guid object. Please select a workspace you own and fill its Id in web.config

Hi, 

Can anyone help me with this.

I have opened the web.config file in visual studio. The file comes from a power bi developer example file.

I have changed the 5 things it asks. I run the file but everytime i do and then click on Embed report the following comes up: 

WorkspaceId must be a Guid object. Please select a workspace you own and fill its Id in web.config

I have put this in with just numbers, reports/ groups/ and just / and never works.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

Anthony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: WorkspaceId must be a Guid object. Please select a workspace you own and fill its Id in web.conf

Hi Anthony,

It's an ID like below. You can get it from the URL in the Service. 

d002f024-****-42f5-****-c8dbc75fb104

Workspace-Id-must-be-a-Guid-object

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
analyticsnow Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: WorkspaceId must be a Guid object. Please select a workspace you own and fill its Id in web.conf

Im new to this forum.

Is there a reason why everyone else is getting replies today and mine hasnt. 

Can this message be seen ?? Anyone Smiley Sad

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Anthony,

It's an ID like below. You can get it from the URL in the Service. 

d002f024-****-42f5-****-c8dbc75fb104

Workspace-Id-must-be-a-Guid-object

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @analyticsnow,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions?

Best Regards,