Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dranam
Frequent Visitor

Without username can we implement the RLS ?

Hello,

I have custom portal where my all power bi embbed reports are linked and through AD group we are authenticating both the system based on AD groups. Here we are not capturing any user name all the mapping are done on Ad names? How we can implement the dynamic role level security ? 

Thanks

Devanand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dranam,

I'd like to suggest you take a look at the following link about use RLS in power bi embedded. (as document said, the username, role, dataset are required in this feature usage, they mapped based on embed token and corresponding Azure AD)

Row-level security with Power BI Embedded#applying-user-and-role-to-an-embed-token 

Spoiler
  • username (mandatory) – A string that can be used to help identify the user when applying RLS rules. Only a single user can be listed. Your username can be created with ASCII characters.
  • roles (mandatory) – A string containing the roles to select when applying Row Level Security rules. If passing more than one role, they should be passed as a string array.
  • dataset (mandatory) – The dataset that is applicable for the artifact you're embedding.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dranam,

I'd like to suggest you take a look at the following link about use RLS in power bi embedded. (as document said, the username, role, dataset are required in this feature usage, they mapped based on embed token and corresponding Azure AD)

Row-level security with Power BI Embedded#applying-user-and-role-to-an-embed-token 

Spoiler
  • username (mandatory) – A string that can be used to help identify the user when applying RLS rules. Only a single user can be listed. Your username can be created with ASCII characters.
  • roles (mandatory) – A string containing the roles to select when applying Row Level Security rules. If passing more than one role, they should be passed as a string array.
  • dataset (mandatory) – The dataset that is applicable for the artifact you're embedding.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.