Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brentlightsey
Advocate II
Advocate II

Will ExecuteQueries REST API Endpoint Support EffectiveIdentity?

We would like to call the new REST API endpoint below as an EffectiveIdentity, so that returned results are filtered by RLS rules. 

New endpoint: 

datasets/nnnnnn-nnnnn-nnnn-nnnn/executequeries

@Gentiana was kind enough to reply to my comment on @kayu 's original post.   And it sounds like this is on the backlog for GA. We are considering starting code with that assumption, but would like to confirm if anyone can affirmatively say.

1. Yes, this capability will be added to the REST API endpoint
  2. And, if there is any possibility, a guess at a timeline, even if it is in the scale of months-years.

Thanks to any for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kayu
Employee
Employee

Hi Brent, we have it as a line item to discuss but it may or may not make it into our GA plan. If it doesn't make GA, it'll be evaluated again for a Post-GA delivery. Accordingly, we don't have a timeline yet. It'll be more in the mid term rather than the short term, I think. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Gentiana
Employee
Employee

This is going to be part of the GA release coming very soon (April-May) of this year.

brentlightsey
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thank you for the reply @kayu . Not sure if there is an official "idea" to upvote for it, but I have 2 clients using Power BI Embedded with RLS, and they would greatly value this option. 

Would it helped if I started an official "Idea" to upvote?

kayu
Employee
Employee

Hi Brent, we have it as a line item to discuss but it may or may not make it into our GA plan. If it doesn't make GA, it'll be evaluated again for a Post-GA delivery. Accordingly, we don't have a timeline yet. It'll be more in the mid term rather than the short term, I think. Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.