Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Simonrepro

White Label power BI into my app and sell it

Can anyone tell me if I can embed power BI into my app and redistribute it around the world? Like being an ISV
4 REPLIES 4
jonoluk
Employee
Employee

Hi Simonrepro,

Power BI exposes various REST APIs that enable you to access a user's Power BI content and make it available inside of your application experience.  You can find documentation on those APIs (some of which are still in BETA at this time) here: http://docs.powerbi.apiary.io/#.

Sorry, I'm pretty unfamiliar with this tool but I was taking a look at some documentation and I was wondering about this.  Does anyone know if this (using the api to get datasets/dashboards etc..) would this work if you have to keep data private or have some sort of group style permissions per customer?  I thought publishing data sets or charts would mean that anyone could access that information from the embed url?  Or can you leave that data "unpublished" so to speak, but can still fetch it from the api?

@jessed Exciting news just released today that is probably more what you are looking for. Using Power BI in custom apps.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/embed-the-wow-of-power-bi-in-your-applications-with-microso...

You can control user access in your app tier - check out the link.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

No kidding.  I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I'm looking for.  Thanks @Seth_C_Bauer.  That was incredibly timely.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.