Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FaultyTrucker

Which Version of Power BI and How to Embed Reports / Dashboard into External Website

I have a client who we have written a website containing bespoke reports analysing databases with sizes varying from 1Gb to 50Gb+ (they have several clients who use copies of the same said website).

Our client has now requested options for utilising Power BI and using the existing website in displaying reports as their primary goal, although they would like more information as to whether Desktop and/or online Power BI is a viable option.

So after searching online on Power BI, I see the potential of Power BI as a powerful tool and what it has to offer compared to our own customised reporting, but what isn't clear is how we can embed Power BI reports into our website, sort of, I will explain. I have seen "Power BI Embedded" and also seen examples of how we can use Javascript to embed reports or whatever into the website but this seems like we have to use Azure AD and the costs seem overpriced for what we need or maybe it is my naivety on the subject.

So in summary, we need a way of embedding Power BI reports on our website. Do we need access to one Power BI account per tenant? Does this need Azure AD or can we just use Power BI Pro / Premium? If they prefer to use online Power BI themselves, is this possible? What about a database? We would prefer to copy data overnight as a separate database but this is costly or would it be prudent to have one database? (Bear in mind we have data coming in every 5 seconds with cached report datasets produced overnight). How does one access the database, from Power BI, without too many firewall security concerns? Sorry for all the questions.

Rob

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @FaultyTrucker,

I would suggest you firstly check the Plan capacity for embedded analytics with Power BI Premium whitepaper and Power BI Security whitepaper which should help you understand most of your questions.

If you still have any further questions, feel free to post here. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.