cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris99 Member

Re: Where are the "see records" columns setup?

Agree whole heartedly. It has been proposed several times as an idea, https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/15408432-see-records-feature-impr... has gained the most traction.

As it stands it looks like a half completed feature that was put into production to cross it off a feature requirement list.

icebobby Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

was searching for solution... and got into this topic. 

BUMPEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Smiley SadSmiley Sad

cafeehan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I was searching for the same solution.   My users need to be able to view the entire record as well.  I can configure which columns to show, but there doesn't seem to be a way to save the columns selected when you return to the visualization.   I'm trying to move them away from giant printed spreadsheets on 11x17 paper, but can't do it if they can't see the details behind the "pretty graph."

roweb Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Really want this feature.

My work around is to create a simple visualization that uses a calculated field that adds up all the values you want included. Then you can see records on that 'box' / button.

AleksanderPunt Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Still no fix??

breed Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

There's still no fix.  I discovered recently that you may be able to use a drill through page as a work around for this in some situations.  At least in a matrix filters for the cell you are on are passed through to the drill through page.  You can setup a table on that page with whichever columns you want to have visible

RobNilsen Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

I agree with the rest that this functionality needs to exist.

MVaughan1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I re-ordered my source data to get the See Records columns in the order I need...  a right pain, and there must be an easier way

pbix Member

Is there an update for this?

If i have a simple fact table with integer fact keys joining the fact table to an integer key in a dimension - the associated dimension description does not appear when I click 'see records' unless I add the dimension description field to the 'tooltips' section. 

Any update/other workarounds?

rdcooper Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Is there seriously still no fix for this after 2+ years on these boards?! C'mon Microsoft! The people want this feature, now add it!