Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

brendaivett
Advocate II
Advocate II

Where are the "see records" columns setup?

Hi,

When I right-click on a visualization report, I get the "see records" option, I click on it, and I get the right number of records but a column that I'd like displayed as well, is not showing, I can add it while being in the "see records" section, but once I click on "back to report", then it's gone.

I reviewed the table's definition and it's including it. How can I add a column in that section and make it stay? where is the "see records" setup?

Thanks a lot!

Brenda

68 REPLIES 68
RobNilsen
Regular Visitor

I agree with the rest that this functionality needs to exist.

Still no fix??

Anonymous
Not applicable

There's still no fix.  I discovered recently that you may be able to use a drill through page as a work around for this in some situations.  At least in a matrix filters for the cell you are on are passed through to the drill through page.  You can setup a table on that page with whichever columns you want to have visible

robivy
Frequent Visitor

Terribly frustrating that Microsoft hasn't yet fixed.  The workaround I have used is to edit the query by duplicating the column(s), change the type of the duplicate to text and then reorder as needed.  This has worked for me.

robivy
Frequent Visitor

Agree no fix for two years is terribly frustrating.  The workaround I have used is to edit the query by duplicating the column(s) you want to make visible in See Records, and then change the type of the duplicate column to text.  That has worked for me.

roweb
Frequent Visitor

Really want this feature.

My work around is to create a simple visualization that uses a calculated field that adds up all the values you want included. Then you can see records on that 'box' / button.

hlewisNYC
Frequent Visitor

How is this isue not solved. It has been nearly 2 years.

Agree whole heartedly. It has been proposed several times as an idea, https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/15408432-see-records-feature-impr... has gained the most traction.

As it stands it looks like a half completed feature that was put into production to cross it off a feature requirement list.

Anonymous
Not applicable

was searching for solution... and got into this topic. 

BUMPEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Smiley SadSmiley Sad

I was searching for the same solution.   My users need to be able to view the entire record as well.  I can configure which columns to show, but there doesn't seem to be a way to save the columns selected when you return to the visualization.   I'm trying to move them away from giant printed spreadsheets on 11x17 paper, but can't do it if they can't see the details behind the "pretty graph."

kscofield21
Regular Visitor

Also need this addressed. Would just like to customize the columns people can view when they click "See Records"

langh
Regular Visitor

This is the work around that worked for me.  I wrote a query to join the tables and  include the columns I want to have available for "see records".

-Hsun

Same request. How to customize the columns in the "see record" feature? 

wgcox
Regular Visitor

We are also needing this feature. We'd like to configure the columns, column order, and custom titles for "View Records", and then have that persisted when it is viewed later. Currently, it looks like this has to be manually set each time the record data is viewed from a report.

mkeiper
Frequent Visitor

Would like customizable "See records" also. As DJ Khaled once said "Another One"

This is ridiculous - whoever put this together should be fired - they left an incomplete/in properly implemented feature go into production. Christ -- didn't they even test this out?

boovda
Frequent Visitor

BUMP! Can we get a fix pleeeeeeeease???

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a feature add I can vote for? It's a complaint I get from my end users that the records aren't helpful as they have to weed through the junk columns. I added some to the tool tips but if you get too many the hover pop up becomes usless. 

JW_JATO

Yep, this function is needed by me as well, so adding a bump.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This feature is very needed.  The end users need to resolve scenarios where records don't meet certain criteria.  Hitting them with every value in the dataset is not efficient.  Hopefully this is coming soon!

astevens
Advocate II
Advocate II

I'm having the same issue. Can't get the See Records to show only the columns I want. After I rearrange in the See Records view, then click out and back in, the columns are not saved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.