Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is 'myorg' mean in the Rest API?

It sort of looks like I'm supposed to to replace it with my company name.  But all the examples seem to leave it as 'myorg',  It's seems really odd like that.

Anyone know?

3 REPLIES 3
EGobi
Frequent Visitor

myorg is a placeholder for your organization's Entra ID UPN suffix. UPN stands for User Principal Name, and it's basically your email if your organization uses it. So, if you want to work across tenants, like @BizIntel said, simply change myorg by what comes after the @ in your email.

If your tenant doesn't use email and you're an Azure admin, you can check the UPN here: Plan and troubleshoot User Principal Name changes in Microsoft Entra ID - Microsoft Entra ID | Micro...

So imagine your login for tenant 1 is worker@enterprise.com, and your login for tenant2 is student@university.com. You'll change myorg to enterprise.com when connecting to their Power BI and univesity.com when connecting to the latter's Power BI.

I consider changing myorg a good practice even if you only work in one tenant. If someone else uses your file with this in the connection string and they have a common name for a workspace across tenants, they may end up successfully connecting to the wrong workspace if their current login is in the other tenant.

BizIntel
Frequent Visitor

If working across tenants, I need to specify where I'm calling to.  What can be used to replace "myorg"?

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

You do not need to replace it. Based on my experience, it might be used for internal management or future expansion.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.