Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

giulia_iem
Frequent Visitor

Website "app owns data" without capacity

Hi everyone,

I have to realize a website where I will embed some reports for our customer.

In a first phase of this website's life, it will be accessed by only 2 or 3 people from customer organization, and just a few months later it will be generally available.

Can I publish online a website (app owns data) without assigning a capacity to embedded app workspace? Would there be other limitations other than limited performances? Could I add a capacity just a few months later?

Thank you very much for your help

Giulia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@giulia_iem wrote:

Hi everyone,

In a first phase of this website's life, it will be accessed by only 2 or 3 people from customer organization, and just a few months later it will be generally available.

Can I publish online a website (app owns data) without assigning a capacity to embedded app workspace? Would there be other limitations other than limited performances? Could I add a capacity just a few months later?

Giulia

@giulia_iem

AFAIK, a PRO license can be used for development. When you are ready to move to production, your app workspace must be assigned to a capacity. Though it would still work for limited period in app owns data without capacity, after the period over the request calling GenerateToken will be blocked. To ensure your bussiness continuity, I'd suggest you purchase the A1 tier capacity with few customers at the begining.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@giulia_iem wrote:

Hi everyone,

Giulia

@giulia_iem

AFAIK, a PRO license can be used for development. When you are ready to move to production, your app workspace must be assigned to a capacity. Though it would still work for limited period in app owns data without capacity, after the period over the request calling GenerateToken will be blocked. To ensure your bussiness continuity, I'd suggest you purchase the A1 tier capacity with few customers at the begining.

Hi @Eric_Zhang

Do you know HOW LONG for this limited period?

Thank you very much.

Is there any official documentation with the usage limit of GenerateToken method?

@giulia_iem wrote:

Thank you very much.

Is there any official documentation with the usage limit of GenerateToken method?

@giulia_iem

AFAIK, there's no documentation. I got that information from the conversation with product team.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.