cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giulia_iem Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Website "app owns data" without capacity

Hi everyone,

I have to realize a website where I will embed some reports for our customer.

In a first phase of this website's life, it will be accessed by only 2 or 3 people from customer organization, and just a few months later it will be generally available.

Can I publish online a website (app owns data) without assigning a capacity to embedded app workspace? Would there be other limitations other than limited performances? Could I add a capacity just a few months later?

Thank you very much for your help

Giulia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator Eric_Zhang

Re: Website "app owns data" without capacity

@giulia_iem wrote:

Hi everyone,

In a first phase of this website's life, it will be accessed by only 2 or 3 people from customer organization, and just a few months later it will be generally available.

Can I publish online a website (app owns data) without assigning a capacity to embedded app workspace? Would there be other limitations other than limited performances? Could I add a capacity just a few months later?

Giulia

@giulia_iem

AFAIK, a PRO license can be used for development. When you are ready to move to production, your app workspace must be assigned to a capacity. Though it would still work for limited period in app owns data without capacity, after the period over the request calling GenerateToken will be blocked. To ensure your bussiness continuity, I'd suggest you purchase the A1 tier capacity with few customers at the begining.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator Eric_Zhang

@giulia_iem wrote:

Hi everyone,

Giulia

@giulia_iem

AFAIK, a PRO license can be used for development. When you are ready to move to production, your app workspace must be assigned to a capacity. Though it would still work for limited period in app owns data without capacity, after the period over the request calling GenerateToken will be blocked. To ensure your bussiness continuity, I'd suggest you purchase the A1 tier capacity with few customers at the begining.

View solution in original post

giulia_iem Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much.

Is there any official documentation with the usage limit of GenerateToken method?

Moderator Eric_Zhang

@giulia_iem wrote:

Thank you very much.

Is there any official documentation with the usage limit of GenerateToken method?

@giulia_iem

AFAIK, there's no documentation. I got that information from the conversation with product team.

cuongle Member

Hi @Eric_Zhang

Do you know HOW LONG for this limited period?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 62 members 906 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: