Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pelocruz
Regular Visitor

Visuals for testing throw error ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE

Hi,

I am modifying a custom visual and using the developer tools for debugging and testing in PowerBI.com. I am running the server in my computer (pbiviz start) and the visual compiled without problem. However, when I try using the developer tools in PowerBI.com, I get the following error:

errorpowerbivisuals.PNG

I have packaged the custom visual, imported it and used it in Power BI Desktop without problem, so I do not think it is a bug in the code. Also, I have successfully run the server and used the developer tools in PowerBI.com before, so I do not think it is a problem with my setup. Does anyone has any suggestions or can help?

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pelocruz
Regular Visitor

Just a quick update. It seems to be a problem with the certificate. I opened another tab in the browser (replicated in Chrome and Firefox) and navigated to the URL: https://localhost:8080/assets/status. Added a security exception for the certificate and it works again. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@pelocruz,

If you have any issues with the Power BI command line tools, please visit PowerBI-visuals-tools issue page.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pelocruz
Regular Visitor

Just a quick update. It seems to be a problem with the certificate. I opened another tab in the browser (replicated in Chrome and Firefox) and navigated to the URL: https://localhost:8080/assets/status. Added a security exception for the certificate and it works again. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.