Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

giammariam
Super User
Super User

Visualization Resize Event

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out a way to determine whether or not a custom visualiztion is currently being resized (via dragging the resize handles). I basically want to write some logic to not trigger an update until the resizing is complete.

I tried to add an on mousedown/mousemove function on the .resizeHandle divs but I was unable to select them because they were outside of the iframe.

Has anyone run into this?

Madison Giammaria
Proud to be a Super User 😄
LinkedIn

Do you frequently use Deneb to provide insights to your stakeholders? Have you considered sponsoring this free and open source custom visual? More info here!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
giammariam
Super User
Super User

Seems like I solved my own issue. It appears that this information can be found in the update options. By wrapping my update logic in a an if(options.type !== 4). Apparently options.type === 4 indicates resizing. 

Madison Giammaria
LinkedIn

Do you frequently use Deneb to provide insights to your stakeholders? Have you considered sponsoring this free and open source custom visual? More info here!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
giammariam
Super User
Super User

Seems like I solved my own issue. It appears that this information can be found in the update options. By wrapping my update logic in a an if(options.type !== 4). Apparently options.type === 4 indicates resizing. 

Madison Giammaria
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.